The Example Hotel
At The Example Hotel, we operate to high standards of performance and advocate socially and
environmentally sustainable business practices. Our aim is to bring a positive benefit to the
societies in which we operate through high quality services, economic growth, environmental
protection, community involvement and employment. In order to adhere to these principles, we
- Set sound environmental and social objectives and targets, and integrate a process of review and reporting.
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Continuously improve environmental performance and reduce environmental impact of our activities.
- Create environmental awareness among our employees, customers, suppliers and the community at large.
At present we currently:
Organization, Reporting and Management
- Have a written environmental and responsible tourism policy document.
- Engage in achieving a reduction in the energy consumption of our hotel.
- Have effective energy efficient lighting installed in at least 50% of areas.
- Have a member of staff who has been designated to monitor energy performance and set new targets based on results.
- Have installed environmentally friendly flow restrictors / controllers on showerheads and taps.
- Have a guest towel reuse/bed linen changing program in place to save water.
- Wash laundry in cold water as much as possible.
- Have water saving devices fitted to reduce water consumption.
- Collect recyclable items separately (cardboard, plastic, glass, metals, food waste, etc.).
- Purchase cleaning materials with low environmental impact.
- Encourage guests to buy products that are made locally.
In the next five years we aim to:
- Have a policy of purchasing low energy equipment for electrical devices such as fridges, microwaves, cookers.
- Have measures in place to ensure that our energy supply does not adversely impact on the energy supply for local residents.
- Have an energy management system installed to turn lights and air conditioning off in empty guest rooms.
- Have low flush WCs fitted and water saving devices installed in WCs.
- Train employees about water saving practices.
- Avoid using single use condiments (jam, butter, etc) with more packaging, in favor of reusable containers.
- Give packaging back to suppliers.
- Source products from local suppliers wherever possible.
- Support and actively contribute to local community development projects.
- Educate guests about how they can make a positive contribution to local biodiversity and conservation efforts.
- Encourage guests to explore the destination beyond the boundaries of the property.
- Include environmental aspects into employee training, such as how to reduce energy, water and waste.
DISCLAIMER: This is a self assessment of the hotel by the hotel representative. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency of the information should be sought from the hotel.
This page contains materials and information submitted to Hotels Combined Pty Ltd by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials and information submitted directly or indirectly for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. Hotels Combined Pty Ltd cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any re-sponsibility for errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the material, misinterpretation and any loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein.